If you live in a home with a Grass yard, you will most definitely need some grass-cutting device to keep your yard neat.
Grass cutters come in different types, shapes, and sizes, all with the intended purpose of keeping your grass trimmed and tidy. Therefore, investing in the Best Robotic Lawn Mower for your yard is ideal.
Whatever your grass-cutting needs, you should find the perfect robotic grass-cutting machine in our article, as we reviewed some of the best on the market today.
The Importance of Cutting Grass Regularly
To keep a neat and healthy yard with Grass, you should trim or cut your grass regularly, especially when Grass cutting season is coming;
- Natural Fertilization – Grass Clippings left on the grass will re-enter the soil and act as a fertilizer to, in turn, improve the health of the soil and the grass.
- Distribution of Resources – When your grass is cut to be uniform in length, sunlight and water distribution are more even, which means that you will get uniform growth and a more even and healthy grass color.
- Aesthetics – A well-manicured and cut lawn and neat garden add to the beauty of your home and yard.
Grass Cutting may feel like a bother, but it is essential to maintain a beautiful and healthy lawn.
The Automatic Lawn Mowing Machine and How it Works
In this article, I want to introduce you to the wonders of Automatic Grass Cutting machines and lawnmowers.
These devices take the effort to maintain your lawn and cut down the costs of garden services.
Most Robot Lawnmowers are powered by battery packs that are rechargeable. They are straightforward to set up and program to cut your grass, automatically saving you time and effort.
Many of them work with an APP on your mobile device and have built-in GPS for coordination. There are different models available, each with its own unique and enhanced features.
How Does the Robotic Grass Cutter Machine Work
Robotic Grass Cutters or Lawn Mower have a battery-operated motor with cutting blades. It usually has an AC Powered Base station, a perimeter wire, and sensors that prevent it from wandering off. You will lay the perimeter wire along the borders of your lawn, with the other end in the base.
The base charges the wire and the mower. Sensors on the mower use the charged wire to guide it along your yard’s boundaries and return it t the base when your lawn is cut.
Programming of the Robotic Lawnmower is done using an onboard control panel, remote control, or an APP on your mobile device.
Features of a Good Robotic Lawn Mower
You will see as you go through the different Grass Cutting Machines that they all offer a range of different features and characteristics, but here are the most important characteristics to consider in the Best Grass Cutting Machine;
- Cutting Height and Width – Most Robotic Lawn Mower allow you to set the Cutting Height. A cutting height maximum of 60mm is the norm, yet some models offer a higher 120mm cutting height. The Cutting Width refers to the strip of grass size that it cuts. Some models have wider blades that can cover a larger area at a time.
- Battery Type – The Lithion ion battery is your best option, and they are rechargeable. It is best to stay clear of acid-lead battery types.
- Operation and Charging Time – depending on the size and model or brand of the Robotic Mower, the operational time should be anything from an hour up to a few hours. Battery charging usually takes 16-20 hours and can be quite long.
- Mulching – All Robotic or Automatic Grass Cutting machines are Mulching Machines, meaning they cut the grass and leave the trimming behind, which is a great method of fertilization.
- Blades – You get two types of blades. The Spinning disc with numerous smaller blades like razor blades, which use little power and are very effective. Then there is the large blade design, with a single blade that is more sturdy and durable.
- Programs and Operation – Most Automatic Type Grass Cutting Machines are operated either with an onboard screen, remote control, or an APP device on your phone. Some also have GPS tracking, and all should have motion sensors to prevent them from running into pets or children.
- Safety Sensors – These sensors immediately stops the machine when it is lifted or tilted.
- Collison Sensors – Collision sensors stop the mower from running into obstacles by detecting obstacles in its way and moving away from them.
- Weather Resistant – Most models are designed to resist weather and UV rays, while others have sensors that prompt the mower to return to its docking station when it starts to rain.
Reviews: The Best Robotic Lawn Mower
Below are some of our top favorite picks in the Best available Grass Cutting Machines that operate Automatically;
The Garden Robotic Lawnmower is ideal for all garden types and can be set to different grass-cutting heights.
- The Gardena is fully battery-powered using rechargeable batteries.
- It has a cutting height of 2 – 5 centimeters, and you can easily set it with a rotating knob.
- You can set different mowing times and days on the large display screen.
- It is effortless to use and install and quite low maintenance,
- The easy-to-place boundary wire will show the mower exactly where to mow.
The Automower from Husqvarna is a safe and easy-to-use automatic grass cutter that adjusts easily and is battery-operated.
- This model comes fully equipped with a DIY installation kit and instructions.
- It is ideal for small to medium-sized lawns up to 0,4 acres.
- The Mower uses Li-Ion batteries that are rechargeable on the charging station.
- The unique cutting system has safety-enhanced mower clips that clip grass a little at a time for Mulching.
- Guided by hidden wires, it is easily maneuvered and will handle obstacles effectively.
- Quick and Easy adjustment is achieved with settings ranging from 2 to 3.6 inches.
- The Mower is also weatherproof and rainproof to mow any time of the day.
The Worx Landroid Automatic Grasscutter is a fully automated device operated via an APP on your mobile device.
- The Worx Robotic Mower is fully automated to cut lawns up to a quarter of an acre all by itself.
- You easily set the charging base, put down the boundary lines, measure your lawn with an App, and let it mow.
- The Mower is fully Wifi and APP controlled and charges with a battery.
- It also has rain sensors that will allow it to return to the base as soon as it starts to rain.
The Robomow is also an APP-operated automatic mower that is battery-operated and has a large yard-cutting path.
- The Robomow is ideal for larger yards and employees, with a dual 22-inch blade for wide and efficient cutting.
- It can be set to travel to different zones in your yard and return to the base on completion.
- It also has a short 90-110 minute charging time.
- The Alexa smart App operational capabilities allow you to easily control it from your home or mobile device.
- It also comes with an anti-theft safety system and safety system where it shuts off when picked up or tilted.
This version of the APP Operated Worx Automatic Grass Cutter has a GPS function and large area cutting capabilities.
- This model is for larger yards of up to half an acre.
- This module includes a Landroid GPS cellular module for tracking and easy tracing.
- It is compatible with all other Worx tools and batteries, so you can use the same batteries.
- The design has AIA technology, so it can navigate paths and customize its moving schedules,
- The Mower will bump and back away from obstacles, and it also has a rain sensor allowing it to return to the base when it starts to rain.
This model from Husqvarna features GPS navigation and tracking, a high-cutting setting, and LED headlights.
- This model from Husqvarna is a high-cut design that allows you to keep your grass at a height of 3.6 inches.
- It is perfect for larger-sized yards of up to 1.25 acres.
- It also features GPS navigation and tracking, an alarm, and a pin security code for safety and anti-theft.
- Led headlights and a rubber front bumper are included in this specific model.
- This is a SensorCut robotic lawn mower system.
- It mows streak-free and forms all directions.
- The mower is waterproof and also moves easily through passages.
- It has simple menu navigation and is easy to use.
- Another superb addition from Husqvarna.
- This model is 315X for medium-sized yards.
- It is easy to install and operate.
- The design is durable and has less noise.
- Quick and easy adjustments and reliable durability.
- The MowRo is another top favorite robotic lawnmower.
- It comes with a full installation kit and instructions.
- The design is reliable and very easy to use.
- It cuts streak-free and is autonomous.
- For larger yards, we have this model from Husqvarna.
- It can tackle large-sized yards and has an automaker connect APP.
- The mower is a world leader in robotic lawn mowers and has been for over 25 years.
- You can now have a gorgeous lawn 24/7.
Index Table: Top Rated Best Robotic Grass Cutter
|Gardena 4069 - Grass Cutting Machine
|Husqvarna Automower - Cutting Machine for Your Grass
|Worx 147 - Grass Cutting Machine
|Robomow RS630 - Grass Cutting Machine
|Worx WR153 Landroid - Cutting Machine for Your Grass
|Husqvarna 450XH - Robotic Grass Cutting Machine
|HenGMF mower - LCD Screen Robotic Lawnmower
|Husqvarna 315X - Small Robotic Lawnmower
|MowRo RM18 - Autonomous Robotic Lawnmower
|Husqvarna Aitomower 430X - Robotic Lawnmower