At Green Yard Magazine, we take our product testing and rating seriously. We put each product through its paces so that you can make an informed decision before making your purchase. But how do we test and rate products? Let’s take a closer look.
A Little Bit About Us
It’s a little-known fact that not all yards are created equal. Some have flowers, some have vegetables, and others might even have sprinklers or a pond. We at Green Yard Magazine believe in giving you the best of the best when it comes to fashion and comfort – we review yard designs and decor from top brands and even those who are new in the market but have efficient products. Keep reading to know more about how we accomplish this.
The Review Process: How We Shortlist the Products
The process of shortlisting yard ideas, and related products is a challenging task. There are so many choices, brands, styles, prices that it can be overwhelming to find the right one.
But, we’ve done the hard work for you!
Our experts take the time to research the best suppliers, find any potential issues with quality or price and then hand-pick what we think are the highest quality items available at that time. They will help guide your purchase as you decide on which yard designs and ideas are right for you!
Here’s a sneak peek of the process the products have to go through in order to get a spot in our lists of best ones.
- Tried and Tested: We get the products, we try them on, we test them in suitable environments, and we share the results with you. Sometimes, we get the products for free from the sellers or brands, and sometimes we purchase them to check if they stand true to their claims.
- Window Shopping: We also go to stores and check out the products to observe and compare what they claim to deliver without actually buying them.
- Third-Party Reviews: Sometimes, the brand owners share the products with third-party reviewers who can test the products in much better environments, like actually planting grass seeds, or mowing a lawn with a new mower in the market. This simply helps us to test products to their limits.
- Online Digging: Whenever we are unable to get the products in our hands, we dig through the internet, from the brand websites to e-commerce stores and even online reviewing platforms, to fetch genuine reviews from real people to bring you the most honest feedback of the products.
Moreover, all general information, including landscape-related advice and precautions, is thoroughly sourced from credible websites and certified practitioners.
For What Features We Test the Products
All products that appear in our lists go through the scrutinization of a strict process.
- Durability – We researched how long users can use these products without any reported changes in their quality or design.
- Quick-Drying – We observed how quickly the products dry after getting wet.
- Loose Fit – We ensured that the products were not too tight on the body.
- Lightweight – We observed if the products feel light on the body or cause any fatigue.
- Stretchable – We test the products’ stretchability by hand stretching and putting them on.
- Drought Resistant – We analyzed how effectively the products can resist drought.
- Insect Resistant – We researched how well the products resist insects.
- Long Lasting – We observed how long the products would last when applied.
- Water Absorption – We analyzed how effectively the products absorb water.
- Maintenance – We researched how long users can use or consume it without any reported changes in the quality of the products.
- Heat Tolerant – We observed how effectively the products endured heat.
- Fast Growing – We checked how the products grow quickly in just a small period of time.
- Attractive Appeal – We ranked the different products based on their look on how pleasing and attractive it is.
- Price – We checked the products’ affordability having good quality.
- Non-Toxic – We researched the product’s ingredients to ensure it was not poisonous and safe to use.
- Easy Application – We noted how easy it was to apply without exerting much effort.
- Phosphate Free – We checked if the product doesn’t have phosphate in it which can cause increased growth of algae.
- Versatile – We tested the product’s versatility to be used in different situations.
- Design – We analyzed the product’s design to check if it is appropriate for users’ liking.
- Weather Resistant – We analyzed how effectively the product’s material withstands damage from weather like sun, wind, and rain.
- Waterproof – We analyzed how effectively the product’s components repel water.
- Easy Assembly – We took note of how easy it was to assemble with the different products that we have tested.
- Organic – We checked if the products were made from mined rock minerals, and natural plant and animal materials.
- Safe – We checked how the products contributed nutrients in a form not harmful to soil organisms.
- All-Natural – We researched the ingredients if it is made of bone, blood, fish, manures, greens, alfalfa, kelp, and compost.
Why Should You Trust Us?
We provide the most honest reviews
We bring you the best products in the market
We share information that’s true to the best of our knowledge
At Green Yard Magazine, we review all kinds of yard products and furniture to confidently say that we know which ones are worth your time (and money).
Trust us – when it comes to finding the best yard designs and ideas out there, we know what we’re talking about! Whether you’re looking for a green yard or a one with paver blocks we’ve got you covered.