Gardening is a well-loved hobby that is gaining popularity by the day.
However, not wearing the proper clothes for gardening can take the fun out of the entire experience and make it quite uncomfortable.
One item that you need to consider is the best gardening pants for all your gardening needs.
What to Wear for Gardening
Firstly there are some more appropriate approaches when it comes to the right attire for gardening.
You are going to get muddy, wet, torn, and maybe even sweaty, and thus do not want to wear your good clothes.
Old clothes may be uncomfortable, however more ideal, but not properly suited for certain tasks.
So what about jeans?
Jeans could be a much more durable option for gardening, but with the tasks involved and all that bending and stretching, jeans can be very uncomfortable, so I would not advise them.
All in all, you will need something that has some stretch, that allows for easy movement, is a loose and cool fit, and very durable. Also, consider pants that will be easy to clean and the right colors.
Gardening Pants in General
There are a few tried and true pants designs and additions that work well for gardening. Here are a few;
- Pants with Protection – Firstly, pants that have reinforced leg panels and seats to withstand wear and tear are ideal. The rise is usually much higher to reduce exposure when you bend or sit, and the legs are a more comfortable regular or wide fit.
- Knee Savers – Sometimes, you do get pants designs that have extra padding or material in the knees to protect your knees. Many times you will be on your knees when gardening and might require extra padding or reinforcement in these areas.
- Overall Pants – You can always opt for either a full overall or just overall pants. They are durable, usually cool, and designed for heavy-duty wear.
- Colors Play a Role – the color of your pants will also play quite a big role. Firstly, it can get pretty hot, and darker colors are not ideal in heat. Then again, you are going to be getting very dirty, so very light colors and whites are also not right. I would opt for more natural neutral colors such as Khaki, light brown, and even camo or natural prints that will keep cool and still hide stains.
Features of a Good Gardening Pants
- Materials – Durable gardening pants can consist of materials such as cotton, canvas, upgraded polyesters, and additional stretch material for easy flexing. Hemp and other fibers are also durable to use and cooling.
- Designs – Always look for pants with a high rise and regular or wide legs and fit for comfort. You do not want tight and restricting pants for gardening work. Water-resistant and UV-resistant materials are also quite a good choice. I love cargo and utility pants designs for gardening as they offer a comfortable and stretchable fit, with very durable and resistant materials, along with plenty of pockets for storing gardening tools and smaller items in.
- Closure – Closures can either be an elastic or drawstring waist or a zip and button closure.
- Colors – Consider colors that will keep you cool, and that will not easily show stains. Natural browns and lighter colors or camo prints are ideal for this purpose.
- Pockets – You may need a pocket here and there for storing some small items, and this is why pockets are ideal. Utility and cargo pants are quite a good choice when you want some additional pockets.
- Washability – Always keep in mind the maintenance of your pants. As they will most definitely get quite dirty, you will need to be able to clean them easily. So consider the materials and the washing instructions beforehand.
Reviews: The Best Gardening Pants
In our list below are some of the best available pants for men and women that can be used for gardening;
- For men, we have the Caterpillar trademark pants for gardening.
- They are available in regular, as well as big and tall size options for all shapes and sizes.
- The pants consist of durable cotton and polyester.
- They have a zip and button closure and front pockets,
- There are multi-purpose tool pockets and a carpenters loop additionally.
- For the ladies, we have chosen the asset of hiking pants which are also ideal for gardening.
- The pants are 100% upgraded polyester designed for heavy-duty use.
- They have a drawstring elastic closure and are a comfortable stretch fit.
- The design and materials dry quickly.
- What I love about them is that you can easily zip off the legs for a cooler shorts option.
- The Boladeci Quick Dry breathable gardening pants are ideal for summer.
- The material is a lightweight polyester and spandex that is stretchable, and that also dries very fast,
- They are UPF 50+ protective and very durable for gardening.
- The multi-purpose pants can be used for jogging, gardening, and sportswear.
- The Maevn Utility Cargo pants are likewise an excellent option for gardening pants.
- They consist of cotton, polyester, and spandex.
- They have an elastic waist and drawstring closure for a customizable and comfortable fit.
- The legs are relaxed and wide with a more bootleg cut.
- There are also more colors available for your perusal.
- The Jus Love Utility Scrub pants are also an excellent choice as gardening pants.
- The gardening pants have a utility scrub design and a loose fit.
- There is a drawstring closure so that you can easily adjust the fit.
- The pants consist of a quality blend of cotton and polyester, that is soft and durable.
- Furthermore, there are many pockets for the storage of small items.
- The Akarmy Cargo pants have ripstop durable materials ideal for gardening use.
- They consist of 100% cotton and have a relaxed ripstop fit with a zipper fly for an easy closure.
- The pockets have multi-uses, and there are quite a few of them in the pants, luckily.
- They look almost like tactical pants with a comfortable fit for gardening.
- The Carhartt gardening pants offer a comfortable original fit.
- They are cotton and spandex with an easy fit.
- Ideal for gardening and many other purposes.
- Rugged Flex flexibility technology.
- The WonderWink Wonderflex pants are ideal for gardening.
- They are cotton, polyester, and spandex.
- A lady fit design work pants for multiple uses.
- More colors are likewise available.
- The Wrangler Riggs are great gardening pants for men.
- They are ideal for a variety of purposes and gardening.
- Rugged and durable work pants with more colors available.
- Relaxed fit and 100% cotton.
- The Dickies Relaxed Fit Straight pants are cotton and polyester.
- They are perfect for gardening work.
- More colors are available and size.
- Great design and very durable with flap pockets.
Index Table: Top Rated Gardening Pants
|1||Caterpillar Trademark - Pants for Gardening||Caterpillar||98|
|2||Toomett Hiking - Pants for Gardening||Toomett||97.9|
|3||Boladeci Quick Dry - Lightweight Gardening Pants||Boladeci||96.9|
|4||Maevn Utility - Gardening Pants||Maevn||96.7|
|5||Just Love Utility - Scrub Gardening Pants||Just Love||96|
|6||Akarmy cargo - Pants for Gardening||Akarmy||96.5|
|7||Carhartt Original - Gardening Pants||Carhartt||97.5|
|8||WonderWink WonderFlex - Gardening Pants||WonderWink||97.2|
|9||Wrangler Ranger - Gardening Pants||Wrangler||97.7|
|10||Dickies Relaxed Fit - Gardening Pants||Dickies||97|
Table of Contents
- What to Wear for Gardening
- Gardening Pants in General
- Features of a Good Gardening Pants
- Reviews: The Best Gardening Pants
- Caterpillar® Trademark Pants for Gardening
- Toomett® Hiking Pants for Gardening
- Boladeci® Quick Dry Lightweight Gardening Pants
- Maevn® Utility Gardening Pants
- Just Love® Utility Scrub Gardening Pants
- Akarmy® cargo Pants for Gardening
- Carhartt® Original Gardening Pants
- WonderWink® WonderFlex Gardening Pants
- Wrangler® Ranger Gardening Pants
- Dickies® Relaxed Fit Gardening Pants
- Index Table: Top Rated Gardening Pants