I am sure we have all gone through the frustration of a garden hose being knotted and laying all over your backyard in the sun, looking extremely untidy, especially when you must pull and tug untie knots when you need to use them.
An invention truly superb idea to invest in is the best garden hose reel.
This equipment will help you keep your garden hose neat and much easier to use.
Table of Contents
- Using a Garden Hose Reel and Why You Need It
- Considerations When Choosing a Garden Hose Reel
- Features of a Good Garden Hose Reel
- Reviews: The Best Garden Hose Reel
- Giraffe® Heavy Duty Garden Hose Reel
- BluBird® RMX Garden Hose Reel
- Liberty® Garden Multi-Purpose Hose Reel
- TO Qimotop® Mountable Garden Hose Reel
- Giraffe® Metal Retractable Garden Hose Reel
- G Good Gain® Retractable Garden Hose Reel
- Liberty Garden® Industrial Gardening Hose Reel
- Yard Butler® Handy reel Gardening Hose Reel
- Ames® ReelEasy Gardening Hose Reel
- yestar® Retractable Gardening Hose Reel
- Index Table: Top Rated Garden Hose Reels
Using a Garden Hose Reel and Why You Need It
So I’d like to explain how the garden hose reel works and why you need it.
As you know, putting away an unruly garden hose is not much fun, and neither is trying to untangle an unruly hose for use afterward. You can not just leave it outside in your garden as it looks untidy and withers in the sun.
There is no better way to keep it on a proper hose reel. Garden hoses are generally costly, and lying around can damage them. It would help if you had a garden hose reel to keep them clean, protected, and long-lasting.
On the other hand, as we have said, trying to fold or reel a garden hose manually is close to impossible and can get you pretty dirty, so why not just take the easy way and use a garden hose reel?
In the Video and below steps, I will show you how to use most models of hose reels
- Prepare the Hose Reel – To Prepare an old hose reel, you must extend your hose until you see the hose connection fitting inside the drum at the center of the actual reel. You will need to disconnect the hose by hand and discard it. For a new hose reel, please follow the instructions and place all the attachments.
- Prep the New Hose – Unpack your new hose, as you will need a relatively new one. Locate the female end and place it nearest to the hose reel. Stretch out the rest of the hose away from the reel to soften.
- Feed and Connect the Hose -Take the female connector supplied with the new garden hose and geed it through the guide opening on the reel. Screw it onto the water coupling connection on the hose reel’s drum. Could you tighten the fitting with some pliers so it does not leak? You can also insert a rubber washer into the bottom area of the hose decoupling before you connect it. To avoid leaks.
- Wind The Hose – Now, you can start winding the hose onto the drum of the reel and coil the hose evenly back and forth across the drum as you wind. Ensure to keep the hose quite snug to the drum to avoid gaps that could take up to much room or snag. If you are using an electric-powered hose reel, you may need to push a button or pedal that will automatically retract the hose onto the drum of the hose reel.
- Connect the Feeder Hose – You will now connect the shorter feeder hose that exits the hose reel to your closet’s water facet spigot. Depending on the hose reel model, you may also have a reel with a drainage hose that you can empty into a safe location.
Considerations When Choosing a Garden Hose Reel
There are a few factors to consider when choosing the best garden hose reel;
- Type of Hose Reel – You must consider the amount of manual work you want to do o and the available space. You get manual and electric hose reels, which come in different sizes.
- Capacity – The hose reel’s capacity refers to the hose’s size, so you will need to check the capacity of the hose reel about threads and the size of your hose.
- Leader Hoses – Some reels will include a leader hose, allowing you to place the reel farther from the fixture so that it is easier to use the full length without the hose kinking. They generally range from 3 feet to ten feet or longer.
- Storage Pots – For small flexible hoses, I would recommend getting a smaller, decorative storage pot.
- Wall-Mounted Hose Reels – You also get sturdy wall-mounted hose reels with an arched structure over which you loop the hose. Some come with handles for easy storage.
- Hose Boxes – A Box with a reel is the easiest design to use for heavy and very long hoses. They usually have handles for cranking the reel and guides for guiding the hose easier.
Features of a Good Garden Hose Reel
- Sturdy Materials – the garden hose reel should have sturdy and durable materials for the drum frame and attachments. Steel, other metals, and plastic are mostly used.
- All Attachments Included – Most models come with all their attachments and accessories needed for operation and installation, along with clear and concise instructions.
- Electric or Manual – There are both automatic or electric hose reel options and manual hose reel options, from which you can choose.
Reviews: The Best Garden Hose Reel
These are some excellent brands and models of electric and manual hose reels;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The Giraffe retractable Gardening Hose Reel is heavy-duty with any length lock design.
- It is a 1/2″ x 130 ft garden hose reel with a prolonged return system for safety and durability.
- There is also a very stable auto-rewind system for peace of mind.
- The hose reel has a high-grid garden hose that is flexible and abrasion-resistant.
- The Bluebird Garden Hose Reel is retractable with a hot and cold water rubber hose and a 5/8″ x 50′ + 6′ Lead-in + 9 Pattern sprayer rubber hose nozzle.
- It comes with a fully retractable hose that can support a 500 maximum PSI allowing you to tackle various projects.
- The Garden hose reel has an auto retract function for convenience and keeps excess hose out of your workspace, locking it at different intervals.
- It is lightweight and durable with flexible hose handles and a UV and Kink-resistant design.
- The Liberty Garden Hose Reel is a Multi-Purpose steel garden hose reel that you can easily place on the floor or mount on your wall.
- It can hold up to 200 feet of a 5/8-inch garden hose which is not included.
- The garden hose reel is an industrial-grade, heavy-duty, and solid wall-mounted or floor-standing design made with tough 13 gauge steel with an industrial-strength powder-coated finish and is fully weather resistant.
- You also get 5 feet of leader hose included,
- The mounting hardware is unfortunately not included and needs to be purchased separately.
- The TO gardening hose reel is a retractable 1/2” x 100+6.7 FT hose design that can be wall-mounted or stood on the floor.
- The hose reel auto rewinds and has different lengths to keep the excess hose out of your way.
- For your convenience, it has a 10-degree swivel design and an eight eight-pattern spray nozzle.
- The nozzle is solid brass, and the hose is a polymer material.
- The Giraffe Metal Hose Reel box is a heavy-duty and easily retractable hardened hose reel and hideaway with a more appealing design to fit your garden décor.
- The steel box is enclosed and has a large capacity holding a 5 feet leader hose that can easily store up to 130 feet of a 5/8 inch hose or 200 feet of an ½ inch hose.
- The box is very sturdy and durable, consisting of strong rust-resistant metal.
- It is a manual winding garden hose heel with an easy-to-use manual crank.
- G Good Gain has a retractable 82+7ft Auto Rewind Water Hose reel and Holder with a 180°Swivel Bracket function and can also be Wall Mounted with a Slow Return System and an Any Length Lock, as well as a 9 Patterns Hose Nozzle sprayer.
- You can stop anywhere with the lock mechanism, which has an excess hose in your way.
- The whole garden hose reel is fully adjustable without extra tools or gadgets.
- It has an excellent ½ and inch and 180-degree swivel des.ign, a quick-release system, and a slow return system.
- The Liberty Garden hose Reel is an Industrial design.
- It is a four-wheel garden Hose Reel and cart in one.
- It can hold 300 feet of 5/8 inch hose.
- The garden hose reel is ideal for larger gardens.
- The Yard Butler is a handy garden hose Reel.
- It has a Low profile and is portable.
- The reel can be used on the ground or mounted on a wall.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- The Ames Hose reel is perfect for your garden.
- The reel is plastic and comes fully assembled.
- It is wall-mountable and holds up to 100 feet of 5/8 inch garden hose.
- There is a hose clip and integrated hose guide.
- The Year garden Hose is retractable.
- It is a heavy-duty design with a slow auto return system.
- The hose reel can be carried by hand and is lightweight
- It is also wall-mountable.
Index Table: Top Rated Garden Hose Reels
|1||Giraffe Heavy Duty - Garden Hose Reel||Giraffe||98|
|2||BluBird RMX - Garden Hose Reel||BluBird||97.8|
|3||Liberty Garden - Multi-Purpose Hose Reel||Liberty||97|
|4||TO Qimotop Mountable - Garden Hose Reel||TO Qimotop||96.9|
|5||Giraffe Metal - Retractable Garden Hose Reel||Giraffe||97|
|6||G Good Gain Retractable - Garden Hose Reel||G Good Gain||96.9|
|7||Liberty Garden Industrial - Gardening Hose Reel||Liberty Garden||97.5|
|8||Yard Butler Handy reel - Gardening Hose Reel||Yard Butler||97.2|
|9||Ames ReelEasy - Gardening Hose Reel||Ames||97|
|10||yestar Retractable - Gardening Hose Reel||yestar||97.6|