I love gardening as much as the next person, but one of my biggest issues, also because I am not as young as I used to be, is kneeling down to tend to garden beds and plants that are floor height.
My knees literally become numb, not to mention how I struggle to get up again and to have painful knees afterward.
So I discovered the wonderful world of the best gardening knee pads, which was the answer to all these issues.
Keeping Comfortable when Gardening
Gardening Knee pads are ideal for keeping your knees protected and comfortable while you tend to garden beds that are surface level.
They also come in different types and styles, so that you can choose something to suit your personal needs and preferences;
Here are a few of the Different Types of Protection You can use for Kneeling when gardening;
- Knee Pillows – The Garden n Knee pillow does not fit around your knee, it is rather a small waterproof and durable pillow, usually EVA or foam that you place underneath your knees. It is lightweight and easy to store, and you do not need to remove it. You can also use it for sitting comfortably.
- Knee Pads – Garden Knee Pads look like regular protective knee pads but consist of materials ideal for a garden environment. They are attached to your knees, so your hand is free to carry gardening tools and materials.
- Kneeling Stool – Not Quite in the same category, yet worth mentioning is the gardening stool. This is basically a small low frame with a pillow attached to it and handles so you can kneel on it and use it as a support to get up. This is quite a substantial piece of equipment to carry around, nevertheless.
Knee Pads Functionality and Importance
Actual knee pads for gardening are padded or soft pillows that attach to your knees, covering your knee and sometimes shin as well and attaching with Velcro or straps around your legs.
They usually offer a universal and adjustable fit that should fit anyone.
Gardening knee pads stay on your knees, so you always have your hands free, with is a bit more convenient than gardening pillows for your knees.
The knee pads usually consist of waterproof or water-resistant materials that are very durable and resistant to wear and tear because they are designed specifically for gardening.
Regular knee pads will not offer the required features for gardening and the elements involved in gardening, and they may also not be as comfortable.
Features of a Good gardening Knee Pad
To get the best gardening knee pads, you need to always look for these specific features;
- Size – Ensure that the gardening knee pads or pillow is wide enough to cover your entire knee area and offer a roomy enough fit.
- Thickness – Gardening knee pads need to be around three inches to four inches thick, not more and not much less, otherwise they do not offer good cushioning, or they may be stiff and uncomfortable if too thick.
- Water Resistance – Make sure that the materials that the gardening knee pads consist of are waterproof so that they do not absorb water while you are working.
- Handles – Some models of garden Kneeling Pads or pillows will have handles for easy carrying. These are usually the models that do not attach to your knees.
- Durability – All in all, opt for good quality gardening knee pads that have foam, gel, or neoprene material that are water and waterproof and have reinforced construction for durability.
Reviews: The Best Gardening Knee Pads
These are some of the best available Knee Pads for Gardening;
- The NoCry home and gardening knee pads are among our top favorites on our list.
- They are lightweight but very tough.
- They offer a secure fit with high-quality cushioning foam for a contoured fit around your knees.
- The design is very easy to put on and take off again without any hassles.
- The Knee mate pads are ideal for gardening, cleaning your house, and many other purposes.
- They are a full EVA foam that is water-resistant, lightweight, and durable.
- The fit is easy to adjust and has a non-slip design, with Velcro fastening.
- They are lightweight but very durable with materials that withstand friction and surfaces contact on various surfaces.
- From bee’s Knees, we have cleaning and gardening knee pads.
- They are versatile and reversible with plush memory foam cushioning.
- The straps are a stretchy material for an easy and adjustable fit that also bends and moves with your knees without feeling stiff and uncomfortable.
- They consist of water-resistant and very durable materials that are ideal for many applications.
- Another addition from NoCry is their more heavy-duty design knee pads for garden work.
- They offer premium protection with thick heavy-duty poly shield materials and flexible neoprene straps for an adjustable fit.
- They offer to cushion for your comfort and fully waterproof protection, for kneeling in wet gardens or on wet floor surfaces.
- The Polyester mesh is also quite breathable and will help to keep you cool and prevent your knees from sweating in hot weather conditions.
- Something more affordable is the smart value knee pillows which do not actually attach to your knees.
- They come in a set of three with three different colors available.
- These are kneeling pads that you can also sit on.
- They consist mainly of durable and water-resistant EVA, which will offer good cushioning that is also quite lightweight to carry around.
- The Sangda Knee pads are also multi-purpose for gardening, cleaning, and quite a few other uses.
- They are a lightweight but heavy-duty design available in more color options.
- The knee pads are fully cushioned and attach to your knees, so you have a comfortable kneeling position that will not slide or slip off your knees.
- The fastenings are adjustable and offer a universal and comfortable fit.
- They consist of soft and water-resistant neoprene that is also quite durable.
- The Fiskars knee pads for gardening are excellent quality.
- They have moisture proof outer layers and are very durable for rough terrain.
- There is a soft foam lining for cushioning.
- The straps are very easy to adjust.
- These are one pair of gardening knee pads for your comfort.
- The knee pads have anti-slip protection.
- They are cushioned to protect your knees.
- Ideal for other purposes in turn.
- The Cogurd knee Pads are perfect for gardening and other uses.
- They are padded with foam for cushioning.
- The outer layers are durable and water[roof.
- The straps are fully adjustable.
- The THundrebolt knee pads are ideal for work and gardening.
- They are very hardy and durable with adjustable straps.
- Thick foam and gel cushioning are used.
- They are also very easy to clean and maintain.
Index Table: Top Rated Knee Pads for Gardening
|1||NoCry Home and Gardening - Knee Pads||NoCry||98|
|2||KneeMate Padded - Knee Pads for Gardening||KneeMate||97.9|
|3||Bee’s Knees Foam - Knee Pads for Gardening||Bee’s Knees||97.4|
|4||NoCry Professional - Gardening Knee Pads||NoCry||97.7|
|5||Smart Value Three Set - Gardening Knee Pads||Smart Value||97|
|6||Sangda Kneeling - Knee Pads for Gardening||Sangda||96.9|
|7||Fiskars Ultra-Light - Knee Pads for Gardening||Fiskars||97.5|
|8||NMFIN Neoprene - Knee Pads for Gardening||NMFIN||97.2|
|9||Cogurd Gel - Knee Pads for Gardening||Cogurd||96.9|
|10||Thundrebolt Adjustable - Knee Pads for Gardening||Thundrebolt||97|
Table of Contents
- Keeping Comfortable when Gardening
- Knee Pads Functionality and Importance
- Features of a Good gardening Knee Pad
- Reviews: The Best Gardening Knee Pads
- NoCry® Home and Gardening Knee Pads
- KneeMate® Padded Knee Pads for Gardening
- Bee’s Knees® Foam Knee Pads for Gardening
- NoCry® Professional Gardening Knee Pads
- Smart Value® Three Set Gardening Knee Pads
- Sangda® Kneeling Knee Pads for Gardening
- Fiskars® Ultra-Light Knee Pads for Gardening
- NMFIN® Neoprene Knee Pads for Gardening
- Cogurd® Gel Knee Pads for Gardening
- Thundrebolt® Adjustable Knee Pads for Gardening
- Index Table: Top Rated Knee Pads for Gardening