As a gardener myself, as a hobby, I know there are many things my hands come into contact with that I would rather avoid, as well as the effort it takes to clean my hands and nails after a good gardening session.
Good gardening gloves truly do make a difference, and they are quite comfortable and easy to use.
Here are, however, the best gardening glove options that you should consider.
How do gardening Glove Protect You
Well, let me tell you there are many more things than just thorns and insect bites that gardening gloves protect you against, and here are a few;
- keep your hands and Fingernails Clean – Gardening Gloves help to keep your hands and fingernails clean and also protect your fingernails from getting damaged and your hands from bruises and abrasions.
- Injury Protection – Good gardening gloves will protect your hands from punctures by thorns and hard rocks or branches, as well as from insect and even snake bites, which is rare but possible.
- Protection Against Diseases – Did you know that Sepsis and Tetanus can actually be contracted from animal manure that you use in your plants if the animals were infected. Then there are also bacteria’s that lurk in water puddles, still standing water, and the soil, which can cause diseases such as Legionellosis. The Rose Gardener’s disease can be contracted from a fungus in the soil that thrives on plant matter, which also includes sphagnum moss, hay, roses, and also in soil.
Choosing the Best Gardening Gloves
There are a few options in glove types when choosing the best gardening gloves, and you get cotton gloves that are lightweight and keep your hands clean but not puncture-proof. Then there are waterproof rubber gloves and synthetic gloves that provide good protection but are also not always puncture resistant. Leather gloves, on the other hand, are very durable, puncture-resistant and water-resistant, but they can become very hard and stiff in time.
All in all, a good fit is important, and some flexibility for you to be able to use your hands to the full extent.
If you work with roses or thorny plants, I would recommend a puncture-proof gardening glove. If you work in very wet conditions, a more waterproof glove is advised. On the other hand, for regular gardening, or vegetable gardening and similar, a cotton garden glove is more than adequate.
So, all in all, it depends on personal preference and the type of gardening you will be performing.
Features of a Good Gardening Glove
- Materials – You get cotton and polyester gardening gloves that basically keep your hands clean but are too puncture or waterproof. Then there are more waterproof neoprene and nitrile gloves that also do not offer much puncture resistance. For better puncture resistance, a thicker rubber or leather gloves are advised. They are also usually waterproof and durable.
- Design – Garden Gloves come in the wrist and full-length options for more protection. They are designed for heavy-duty use or for basic gardening.
- Fit – Most gardening gloves do offer some size choices. They should fit snug and comfortable for optimal use of your hands.
- Styles and Colors – depending on the brand and model, you may be able to choose from some color or printed options in gardening gloves.
New Trending Gardening Gloves
Just watch how comfortable these amazing gardening gloves.
These awesome gardening gloves are trending on Instagram with hundreds of good reviews.
It offers a breathable and odor control fabric.
Here is a Link to buy from Amazon.
Reviews: The Best Gardening Gloves
These are some of our favorite picks in gardening gloves for all levels of gardening;
- The Pine Tree Tools gardening gloves are breathable bamboo gardening gloves that will keep your hands clean and comfortable.
- They offer a snug fit, and there are more size options available to you.
- You can enjoy comfortable and optimal hand protection with a glove that feels like a second skin.,
- The gloves also provide good abrasion resistance.
- Here we have proper rose pruning gloves from Exemplary Gardens, designed to fit both men and women alike.
- The gloves are 100% natural goatskin leather that offers the best puncture resistance and keeps our hands safe from scrapes and scratches.
- The gloves ate pliable and flexible to allow maximum dexterity and fine motor tasks such as planting seeds.
- They also have an ergonomic design thumb for easily gripping garden tools.
- The HydraHyude gloves are specifically designed for their exceptional water resistance and protection as a durable garden or work glove.
- This model is designed specifically for ladies and is available in women’s sizes only.
- The HydraHyde glove is water-resistant leather that wicks away moisture in order to keep your hands dry and very comfortable.
- They offer excellent puncture and abrasion resistance and have an elastic wrist to keep out dirt and debris.
- The gloves are ideal for gardening, construction work, and even for framing work.
- From Digz, we also have a gardening glove shaped specifically for women and in women’s sizes alone.
- The gloves are a durable and touchscreen-compatible fabric.
- They offer good performance and have touchscreen-compatible fingertips.
- There is also a terry cloth patch on the back of the gloves for wiping away sweat and moisture.
- The VGO Gardening gloves ate a synthetic long-length gardening glove set that is ideally designed for tending to and pruning roses.
- They are also ideal for dealing with other thorny plants such as cacti and in environments where there are more puncture and abrasion risks.
- The gloves are touchscreen compatible and have an ergonomic and comfortable fit.
- They consist of synthetic leather with an elongated cuff.
- The synthetic leather is very durable and also offers excellent water and stain resistance for gardening and wet environments.
- The G and F gardening gloves are a soft Jersey material gloves for general gardening in less hazardous scenarios.
- They consist of 100% soft cotton jersey material and come in assorted options for you.
- The gloves have a lovely flower print and cuffed knit wrist.
- There are also PVC dots on the palms for improved grip that is also very durable.
- These gloves are ideally designed for ladies, and have more feminine prints, and are available in smaller size options for lady’s hands.
- The Perfect leather Gardening Gloves.
- The gloves are multipurpose for work and gardening.
- Leather is durable and flexible perfect for gardening gloves.
- The gloves are breathable and also provide some water resistance.
- The Ozero leather gloves are perfect for gardening.
- They are Cowhide leather and very durable.
- Double thread sewing and elastic wrists.
- Also lined with cowhide leather.
- Fit for men and for women.
- From g and F products we have a soft Jersey gardening Glove.
- The gloves are ideal for lightweight gardening and designed for women.
- They consist of soft cotton jersey material.
- The gloves are assorted with floral prints and a knit wrist.
- Sold in packs of three.
- The Treedeng Gloves are designed mostly for Rose Pruning.
- They offer full protection against thorns.
- They have a longer length for arm protection.
- The gloves are double layered and have padded palms.
Index Table: Top Rated Gardening Gloves
|1||Pine Tree Tools Bamboo - Gardening Gloves||Pine Tree Tools||98.3|
|2||Rose Pruning Exemplary Gardens - Gloves for Your Gardening||Rose Pruning||97.9|
|3||Wells Lamont Water-Resistant - Gloves for Your Gardening||Wells Lamont||97|
|4||Digz Signature - Gardening Gloves||Digz||97.7|
|5||VGO Two Pairs - Gloves for Your Gardening||VGO||97.3|
|6||G and F Soft Jersey - Gardening Gloves||G and F||97.5|
|7||Bamllum Leather - Gardening Gloves||Bamllum||97.5|
|8||Ozero Leather - Gardening Gloves||Ozero||97.2|
|9||G and F 3 Pairs - Gardening Gloves||G and F||96.9|
|10||Treedeng Rose - Gardening Gloves||Treedeng||97|
Table of Contents
- How do gardening Glove Protect You
- Choosing the Best Gardening Gloves
- Features of a Good Gardening Glove
- New Trending Gardening Gloves
- Reviews: The Best Gardening Gloves
- Pine Tree Tools® Bamboo Gardening Gloves
- Rose Pruning® Exemplary Gardens Gloves for Your Gardening
- Wells Lamont® Water-Resistant Gloves for Your Gardening
- Digz® Signature Gardening Gloves
- VGO® Two Pairs Gloves for Your Gardening
- G and F® Soft Jersey Gardening Gloves
- Bamllum® Leather Gardening Gloves
- Ozero® Leather Gardening Gloves
- G and F® 3 Pairs Gardening Gloves
- Treedeng® Rose Gardening Gloves
- Index Table: Top Rated Gardening Gloves