Looking for the perfect solution for a fill for your paver joints? Well, then look no further than the best polymeric sandal.
Polymeric sand can be placed in between the spaces of pavers to give an ore natural appeal and durable paver joint fill option.
Polymeric Sand and How to Use It
The polymeric sandal is a synthetic material used to fill paver joints and the empty spaces in between pavers, tiles, and other natural stones.
It may sometimes be called jointing or paver sandal, or even hardscape sand.
Polymeric sand consists of fine grains that manufacturers add to many other additive particles. When polymeric sandal comes in contact with water, it acts like a powerful bonding agent that binds together concrete elements.
Polymeric sand is used for paving installation because it joins easily and evenly and also helps to prevent weed growth and insect infestation.
Polymeric sand help to keep paving and walkways even and well aligned and prevents them from moving during rain and weather changes. It also prevents weeds from growing through.
Polymeric sand is a simple and easy application product that is a miracle worker for your paving, with sand mixed with silica and various polymers that activate with water to form a flexible and concrete bonding material.
One of the primary benefits of polymeric sand is that you can use it over regular sand, and it will harden up by solidifying and bonding to surrounding pavers. It gives an extra line of strength to keep pavers together and prevent them from separating or shifting.
It seals off paver joints when it bonds to prevent weed growth and to burrow insects for reaching the top. It also helps with heavy rains and prevents them from seeping underneath your pavers.
Benefits of Polymeric sand for Paver Jointing
Here are a few of the main benefits of using Polymeric sand in between pavers;
- Very Durable – The Mixture of sand, grains, and added polymers and silica to polymeric sand creates a very powerful binding agent that will secure hold together pavers and other hardscape installation materials. It is much more durable and resistant to erosion than most conventional Jointing products, and it can increase the lifespan of any installation. Polymeric sand also usually has some form of flex treatment or materials to make it more elastic which adds to its durability overall.
- Prevents Weeds and Insects – Because polymeric sand holds installations together in a more homogenous way, it creates a very hostile environment for weeds and insects to infest.
- Varying Colors – Paver Joints today have become an important part of landscaping with much interest paced in the aesthetic value. Thus, most polymeric sand likewise offers more color options to blend in with landscaping décor and paver colors. the main two-color options that I have found so far are slate gray and beige which are usually suited to most either cool or warm-toned paver colors and the most regularly fund color options.
- Quick and Easy Installation – Applying polymeric sand is very fast and easy. You simply follow the instructions on the bag to get the best results. Most of the bags that the polymeric sand comes in will also be fully waterproof and have a proper seal, should some sand be let over for later use, as water or moisture will cause it to set and harden almost immediately.
Features of a Good Polymeric Sand
- Size – You will need to consider the area in which you will be paving and get the appropriate amount of polymeric sand for installation.
- Adhesive – check that the Polymeric sand is covered with some form of adhesive for bonding.
- Colors – Polymeric sand is available in various colors, and some models do allow you to choose a color. The colors are usually more neutral.
- Drying Time – make sure to install the polymeric sand when it is dry, and there is no rain forecast. You will need to wait 48 hours before it can become wet or hold heavy traffic. Polymeric sand dries quickly and will bond well.
Reviews: The Best Polymeric Sands
Here are some of our to choices in Polymeric sand options;
- The Rhino Power Bond polymeric sand is ideal for paver and stone joints.
- It can be used for paver joints up to 4 inches in size.
- It is dust and haze-free, and no blower is required.
- It only needs single watering and has a no-drainage application.
- The Alliance Polymeric sand is a super sand in slate Gray.
- The polymeric sand has advanced haze-free technology and can be used in joints up to 1 inch in thickness.
- It is ideal for drainage application and is rain safe after 1 hour of activation.
- The bag it comes in is also fully waterproof.
- Here w have a 45-pound bag of polymeric sand from Dominator.
- The Polymeric sand is ideal for cold weather conditions.
- It has ceramic flex technology for advanced flexibility and durability.
- The Polymeric sand is professional-grade and ideal for joints up to 4 inches in thickness.
No dust haze-free one watering, no blower
- The Gator Maxx g2 intelligent Polymeric sand is also a top favorite.
- It comes in a beige color that is neutral and ideal for warm-colored paving and stones.
- The Polymeric sand has rapid set technology for fast activation.
- It can be used for joints up to 4 inches in thickness and has ASTM C!$$ gradation.
- The Polymeric sand from Buddinco comes in an 18 lbs option which is ideal for small paving areas.
- It is ideal for false joint pavers and can be used on pool decks, patios, footpaths, and walkways.
- The Polymeric sand prevents erosion and is fully weatherproof.
- It can cover an 18 square feet area, from the 18 lbs bag option.
- From Mutual Industries, we also have an excellent choice in Polymeric sand.
- The polymeric sand is ideal for securing pavers into place.
- It is a grey neutral color option.
- The sand is a polymer modified for durability and elasticity.
- Ideal for preventing erosion between pavers, as well as keeping weeds and insects at bay.
Index Table: Top Rated Polymeric Sands
|1||Rhino Power Bond PLus - Slate Gray Polymeric Sand||Rhino Power||98.3|
|2||Alliance Gator Super - Polymeric Sand||Alliance Gator||98|
|3||Dominator 45 Pound - Polymeric Sand||Dominator||97.2|
|4||Gator Maxx G2 - Intelligent Polymeric Sand||Gator Maxx||97.7|
|5||Buddinco Grey - Polymeric Sand||Buddinco||97.3|
|6||Mutual Industries Lock-Em-Up - Polymeric Sand||Mutual Industries||97.3|
Table of Contents
- Polymeric Sand and How to Use It
- Benefits of Polymeric sand for Paver Jointing
- Features of a Good Polymeric Sand
- Reviews: The Best Polymeric Sands
- Index Table: Top Rated Polymeric Sands